Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello from NY!

Hi all! I just wanted to update here for a minute. I'm in NY now! I'm coming home tomorrow, so I wanted to update for fun while I'm here. We've been having a blast!!! We nearly killed ourselves on our first day here, just going and going alll day! That day we went to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the New York Night tour, and some other stuff I can't remember because it's all blended together at this point, hehe. Some other things we've done are: Top of the Rock, saw people ice skating at Rockefeller center, Movie and T.V. sites tour, uptown tour that went all the way around Central Park (I fell asleep on that one hehe), saw the NYC temple, saw some missionaries walking down the sidewalk on the uptown tour and waved at them.. (they waved back even!), Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art... saw, drove through, walked through Times Square like 10 times or so... had NY pizza, which is good! and bagels... and ate at a couple diners which are big on Long Island, road the train several times, went to Old Stonybrook on Long Island (very cool old little town square type place!), ate a Greek place for my first time, went to Trader Joe's, stayed on the top (38th) floor (on the corner) at the downtown Marriot that looked right down into the World Trade center site, and over the NY skyline, sat on the top of an open-top double decker bus and went over the Manhattan bridge at night.. wow that was kinda scary! hehe.. saw where John Lennon was shot outside the building called the Dakota. Went into Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy's to use the toilet LOL! And that's all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else, which I probably will, I'll post it! But I miss my kids and hubby, soo much! I can't wait to see them tomorrow!

I'm outtie for now :)

2 comments:

Tracy Rushton said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun. I am totaly Jealous.
Hope you are feeling well.

Pallas said...

Hey Janna! Now that we are friends on Facebook we have to be blogger buddies too! It will be fun to keep in touch! NYC is so amazing I love it. Have a safe trip home!